Here at Function Point, we are constantly working with creative firms, advertising agencies and digital agencies to better define internal processes and workflow using our software. In doing this, we have come up with 6 personas that interact within the typical creative agency. Assisting these people work more efficiently and effectively together will help the agency become much more profitable.
The 6 Personas:
The creative team develops and produces the agency's creative product for clients. This team includes copywriters, designers and developers. The team works with the Account Executives to make sure the client's needs are being met and the creative goals are on track. The creative team develops every aspect of an ad campaign based on the client's marketing plan, conceptualizing those ideas for clients, assigning projects to staff and verifying that the client's deadlines are being met. The creative team generally gets the glory when a campaign is a success and takes the blame when it's a failure.
A Typical Day
- Attend strategy meetings for new business
- Work with the AEs and Traffic Manager to check the status on current projects and assign new projects
- Lead brainstorming sessions with creative team to develop ad campaigns based on client's needs
- Create advertising proposals for clients
- Pitch concepts to clients
A Typical Interaction with fp.
- fp. is used to receive tasks, complete tasks and provide commentary about the tasks
- fp. is used to track time for billing and reporting purposes
- fp. is used to look up client phone numbers when necessary
- fp. is used to store and view necessary files
- fp.Collaborate is used to share creative amongst the team and with clients.
A Perfect Day
The creative team is left to create and is not burdened by process or systems.
Top of Mind Issues
- Making clients happy
- Focus on creative work and not wanting to be micro-managed
- Time and task tracking must be easy, quick and not overbearing.
This is entry # 2 (of 6). If you have any comments or think we've missed something from your job description - let us know. We love working with our clients and prospects by helping with both the software requirements to make working together easier as well as developing effecient workflows - fp. is here to to help creatives run a profitable business!
Next up: Client Services.
Are you a Creative looking for help with workflow management? Book a demo and see what Function Point can do for you.